GST Returns of GST Registration Certificate
Get In Touch With Us
GST Returns : Normal Taxable Person
GST has been implemented in India from 1st July, 2017. Under the new GST regime, nearly 1 crore businesses in India have obtained GST registration. All entities having GST registration are required to file GST returns, as per the GST return due date schedule mentioned below. GST return filing is mandatory for all entities having GST registration, irrespective of business activity or sales or profitability during the return filing period. Hence, even a dormant business that obtained GST registration must file GST return.
The Government of India has come up with various GST Return forms for taxpayers according to the categories for making an easy transaction. These forms are available on the official website of the Central Board of Direct Taxes (CBDT).
Further Normal Taxable Person can be classified in two categories i.e. Normal Taxable Person having Turnover more than 1.5 Crores and Normal Taxable Person having Turnover less than 1.5 Crores.
Types Of GST Returns To Be Filed By Normal Taxpayers
- GSTIN of the Taxable Person – Auto-populated results.
- Name – Auto-Populated Result.
- Gross Turnover in Last Financial Year – This has to be filed only once. From next year onwards, this field will be auto-populated.
- The Period for which the return is being filed – Month & Year shall be available as a drop-down for selection.
- Taxable outward supplies – Here, IGST shall be filled only in the case of inter-state movement whereas CGST and SGST shall be filled in case of intra-state movement. Moreover, details of any exempted sales or sale at nil rate of tax shall also be mentioned here.
- Outward Supplies to end customer, where the value exceeds ₹ 2.5 lakhs – Other than mentioned, all such supplies are optional in Nature.
What Are Non-Core Fields?
Fields of the registration application except legal name of the business, Addition/ deletion of stakeholder details and principal place of business or Additional place of business are called non-core fields. Non-core fields are available for editing, and changes in it are auto populated in registration of the taxpayer. No approval is required from the Tax Official if any amendments are made to these fields by the taxpayee